Ok... so last week I claimed I found the Tower of Hanoi interesting. Working on the assignment has led me to have very, very , very, VERY different feelings towards it. Or towards the assignment in general.
First of all it was the error message we were getting in part 1... Error: type CheeseView is not highlight-able..
A) what is a type CheeseView
B) Why is it NOT HIGHLIGHT-ABLE?!?
A little while later that problem was solved thanks to the Q&A page on Piazza. Turns out we were replacing the string that we had built with a new CheeseView - 2 hours of debugging later our cheese moves!!
And then we get to the small problem of the recursive part of this assignment.
Oh Reve's puzzle how I hate you.
I understand the code.. I understand what it is supposed to do... I just don't understand why it is not working!!
move4(n, origin, second, destination, third)
Why is it going to the second?
Another 3hours of debugging later and a camp out session at office hours we were missing a helper funciton to move the cheese using three stools - and that is where the Tower of Hanoi code comes in.
The code works! and now all that there is left to do is edit.
YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment